Founded at the end of the whisky boom in 1898, Glen Elgin was designed by the distillery architect Charles Doig of Elgin. This Speyside distillery finds its home 10 miles south of where the river Lossie exits to the sea. Today, as the summer house-martins swoop among the worm tubs at the distillery on the edge of the Royal Burgh of Elgin, little seems to have changed in over a hundred years.
For generations, this little-known Speyside distillery has lent its distinctive flavour to one of the world’s most famous blends. Fortunately for all Scotch lovers, today Glen Elgin whisky’s honey-sweet character is available to sample in its own right.